Given the President's recent and pending Executive Orders, our neighboring Muslims are facing unprecedented challenges with what could be a new form of McCarthyism. An anticipated second round of Executive Orders or Presidential Memorandum...
A Call to Solidarity with Muslims
Given the President's recent and pending Executive Orders, our neighboring Muslims are facing unprecedented challenges with what could be a new form of McCarthyism. An anticipated second round of Executive Orders or Presidential Memorandum targeting American-Muslims could isolate our neighbors, threaten civil liberties and attack human dignity.
If you are looking for a tangible way to show your support, consider these suggestions:
1. Become a ‘Friend of ISBCC’: Consider making a symbolic financial contribution to our beloved interfaith partners at the Islamic Society of Boston Cultural Center and help them reach 100 Friends of ISBCC by February 11th. Even a small gift will accomplish at least two things.
(1) It will offer tangible support to Muslims as they face extra costs of doing public relations work, advocacy, security and hosting community events.
(2) The McCarthyism-like executive order targeting the Muslim community may make Muslims themselves afraid to contribute to their own organizations for fear of further retribution.
They need to know that the interfaith community stands behind them not only in words but also actions - including giving. Lending financial support at whatever level can be a distinctly Christian way of saying “we are all Muslim”! Our collective goal is to get 100 ‘Friends of ISBCC’ which will be announced to the ISBCC Community at their upcoming Winter Gala.
2. Talk to Muslim friends and colleagues, and visit a local mosque to express your care, support and solidarity in person. The more personal the better - a note, a hug, a delivery of some home baked goods! Join ISBCC at their Winter Gala: Leading With Love on Feb 11th.
3. Stay informed: Sign up for the Council on American Islamic Relations or the Islamic Society of Boston Cultural Center e-newsletter to learn about community events, local actions and calls you can make to resist the new administration’s discriminatory agenda. You’ll also be able to learn more about what potential threats our Muslim brothers and sisters may face.