- This event has passed.
Morning Worship – Regathering Sunday
- Date: Sunday, September 11, 2022
- Time: 11:00am–12:15pm EDT
- Location:Sanctuary; Live-Stream
Please visit our worship page for the livestream link and weekly bulletin.
This fall, we are excited to be more intentional about how we gather! In worship, on retreat, and
in our small group life, we will bring some First Church wonder and curiosity to this ancient, yet
timely theme. In a season when many are already re-imagining what it means to gather, we ask:
How do we gather?
● What makes for good gatherings, anyway?
● How can we be more intentional about our purpose for meetings?
● How do we open and close our times together?
● How do we ensure there are chances to share our stories and lives with another?
● Who are the hosts, really, and who are the guests, especially when we are at church?
● What attention to detail might make our gatherings all the more powerful, memorable,
Priya Parker, author of The Art of Gathering: How We Meet and Why It Matters, offers helpful
tips on some of the above that we are eager to explore together. Not surprisingly, our scripture
and tradition have a lot to say about this, too! Join us on Regathering Sunday, September 11
for Hybrid Worship at 11:00 a.m. and for a Regathering luncheon on the lawn at 12:15 p.m.,
as we gather in the Spirit. Come Sunday, and come this fall—let’s make some First Church art of