- This event has passed.
Regathering Sunday – Morning Worship
- Date: Tuesday, August 30, 2022
- Time: 8:00am–5:00pm EDT
- Location:Sanctuary; Live-Stream
And let us consider each other carefully for the purpose of spurring one another toward love and good words, not giving up meeting together… but encouraging one another—and all the more as you see the day approaching.
- Hebrews 10: 24-25
This fall, we are excited to be more intentional about how we gather! In worship, on retreat, and in our small group life, we will bring some First Church wonder and curiosity to this ancient, yet timely theme. In a season when many are already re-imagining what it means to gather, we ask: How do we gather?
- What makes for good gatherings, anyway?
- How can we be more intentional about our purpose for meetings?
- How do we open and close our times together?
- How do we ensure there are chances to share our stories and lives with another?
- Who are the hosts, really, and who are the guests, especially when we are at church?
- What attention to detail might make our gatherings all the more powerful, memorable, and true?
Priya Parker, author of The Art of Gathering: How We Meet and Why It Matters, offers helpful tips on some of the above that we are eager to explore together. Not surprisingly, our scripture and tradition have a lot to say about this, too! Join us on Regathering Sunday, September 11, for Hybrid Worship at 11:00 a.m. and for a Regathering lunch on the lawn at 12:15 p.m., as we gather in the Spirit. Come Sunday, and come this fall—let’s make some First Church art of gathering together.
Please visit our worship page for the livestream link and weekly bulletin.