We are launching a new virtual hub for community conversation, and you’re invited!
The First Church List is a listserv hosted by groups.io. It is a virtual hub for the First Church community to communicate directly with each other through email messages or online posts on topics of interest. We hope that you will use the First Church List to:
- Share personal announcements and prayer requests.
- Publicize events sponsored by outside organizations.
- Ask questions or ask for help from your church community.
- Remind each other of church events or volunteer opportunities.
As you familiarize yourself with the groups.io platform, you’ll be able to filter messages by hashtag (#FCCPrograms, #Prayers, #Justice, #WiderCommunity) and mute topics you do not wish to follow. Whether you’re promoting a fundraiser for a worthy organization, asking for prayers or food pantry donations, reminding us of the upcoming Men’s Breakfast, seeking a walking partner for a stroll around Fresh Pond, or sharing something you’ve read recently that moved you, we hope you’ll post to the First Church List!
Right around Easter, you should receive an email from groups.io inviting you to subscribe to the First Church List. Once you create an account with groups.io, you can customize your subscription by choosing how to receive messages from the First Church List:
- Receive every email written to the First Church List as they are posted.
- Receive a digest of emails in a batch of 12; once 12 messages are posted to the List, you are sent an email. If the List is busy, you may receive one or more digests each day; if there’s not much happening on the List, you may not receive a digest for several days.
- Opt out of emails, but read messages online at groups.io; your inbox stays empty, but the conversations continue and are easily accessible online.
Stay tuned for a video tutorial for using the First Church List, as well as a help session via Zoom.