First Church Masking Policy – Summer 2022
July 10, 2022
- At this time, First Church recommends, but does not require, masking in our Sanctuary and our building.
- We continue to support an individual’s decision to mask while in our building.
- We encourage people to make their own decisions about masking, honoring what they feel is best for them and the wider community.
- First Church reserves the right to reinstate a mask mandate, should circumstances change during the summer months.
According to the CDC’s COVID-19 Data Tracker, the current COVID-19 Community Level for Middlesex County, Massachusetts is Medium. Click here to read the CDC recommendations for Medium Level communities.
CDC recommendations for Medium Level communities include:
- Stay up to date with COVID-19 vaccines. Get tested if you have symptoms.
- Wear a mask if you have symptoms, a positive test, or exposure to someone with COVID-19. Wear a mask on public transportation.
- You may choose to wear a mask at any time as an additional precaution to protect yourself and others.
- If you are at high risk for severe illness consider wearing a mask indoors in public and taking additional precautions.