Summer is upon us, and what a different summer it will be from the last one! We hope and pray you find extra time…
- for gathering with friends and family, in-person and in places near or far-away;
- to be outside, and mask-free, whether in a city park, on a mountaintop, at a campground or at the beach;
- to keep reading up and/or acting up in ways that make God’s love and justice real;
- in quiet reflection about what a wild year-plus it has been;
- to give thanks to God!
Here’s some of what we have in store for this summer at First Church. Please join us for any or all of it!
- 10:00 a.m. Live-Streamed Worship in July and August*
- Popsicle Hour on the Lawn and time for prayer in our sanctuary, every Sunday after church (weather permitting)
- Summer Antiracist Learning and Advocacy
- Sarah’s Long Walk Summer Book Group – Wednesdays, July 7 – August 25 at 7:00 p.m.
- Summer Walks – Saturday, July 17; Saturday, August 7; Sunday, August 15
- “Call to Return” Part 2 with Carlyle Stewart (starting in August, dates TBD)
- Greater Boston Interfaith Organization Summer Delegate’s Assembly, Thursday, August 12 at 7:00 p.m.
- Contemplative Practices Group (Every Monday at 4:00 p.m.)
- Thursday Bible Study (Every Thursday at 6:00 p.m.)
*Please sign up here if you’d like to be a part of helping us pivot to our in-person and live-streamed reopening service on Regathering Sunday, September 12!