Updates and Announcements
- ALL EMPLOYEES
Medical 125 enrollment for 2024 is due by December 31, 2023.
If you are absent for more than 7 calendar days for an illness or other qualified sick time, please review the Employee Handbook policy regarding PFML on page 13.
W-2s will be mailed to your paystub address in early January.
Forms & Policies for Employees
Please see below for important forms and documents for you to access as an employee of First Church in Cambridge:
Required Postings as an Employer
- Massachusetts Wage & Hour Laws
- Massachusetts Fair Employment Law
- Massachusetts Parental Leave Law
- Massachusetts Earned Sick Time Law
- Federal Equal Employment Opportunity Act and its Supplement
- Federal Fair Labor Standards Act
- Federal Families First Coronavirus Response Act
- Federal Occupational Safety and Health Act
- Federal Employee Polygraph Protection Act
- Federal Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act
- Massachusetts Paid Family Medical Leave
- Workers Compensation Insurance Posting
For New Hires
- Authorization to work — Form I-9
- IRS withholding — Form W-4 (Note that clergy may indicate that they are exempt from withholding.)
- Massachusetts withholding — Form M-4
- Notification of Massachusetts Paid Family Medical Leave
- First Church in Cambridge Direct Deposit Form
- CORI SORI Acknowledgement Form
- If under age 18 — Massachusetts Teen Work Permit
- First Church Medical 125 Form-for pre-tax medical expenses
Benefits are offered through the Pension Boards of the United Church of Christ.
For all employees
- Vision Plan — open enrollment Feb 15 – Mar 15 for annual plan beginning April 1.
- Medical 125 form – 2023
- Tax Sheltered Annuity (Pre-tax employee contribution)
- Notification of Paid Family Medical Leave
For those working 20 or more hours per week
- Dental Plan 1500 — enrollment within the first 90 days of UCC employment
- Dental Plan 750 — open enrollment Oct 1 – 31 for annual plan beginning Jan. 1
- Open enrollment for the Dental Plan is October 1-31. Please complete enrollment form and return to Karen McArthur by 10/31/2023. Payment will be withheld from 24 paychecks during 2024.
- Lifetime Retirement Income Plan (Pre-tax employer contribution)
- Life Insurance & Disability Income Plan — enrollment within first 90 days of UCC employment
For independent contractors
Some lay leader volunteers and staff members use pre-paid Pexcards to make purchases on behalf of the church for volunteer or work related tasks. Please see below for information on how to use the Pexcard App and for the appropriate agreement form for your role.
Access your Pexcard activity