Share sandwiches and fruit drinks with persons experiencing homelessness on the first Saturday of each month. Gather at First Church at 4 PM and join a group heading out to Harvard and Central Squares. To join, please contact David Kidder at...
Palestine-Israel Task Team
This task team was formed because resignation, cynicism and neutrality have no place in the Christian faith. Members share a love of neighbor for both the Israelis and the Palestinians and seek to change the unjust policies of the U.S. government. Despite the temptation to despair because of the complexity and intractability of the conflict, we believe that we must keep working for change.
It is therefore the mission of the FCC Task Team to:
- Educate ourselves and our church community about the history of the conflict, the imbalance of power, and the religious, political and economic forces that stymie the peace process.
- Inform ourselves and our church community of the resolutions, statements and relationships of the wider church.
- Build working relationships with other groups within the faith and secular communities who are committed to nonviolently achieving justice and peace between Palestinians and Israelis.
- Strengthen our relationships with our UCC –Doc partners through Global Ministries who have a presence in Israel and Palestine by giving support to national staff and directly to partners in these places.
- Take bold stands and actively work for justice, affirming the human rights of all peoples involved and supporting the findings of international law. Encourage all Christians to work for justice as a matter of conscience.
- Encourage members of this team and others within the FCC community to travel to the area and while there meet with both Palestinian and Israeli peacemakers.
- Keep both peoples together in our hearts and pray continuously for all those affected by the conflict.