For Such a Time as This
Since the congregational meeting on June 5th when we voted for Rob Olson and Associates to move forward with design and consulting work on the capital improvements, much has been happening behind the scenes. Some highlights of the progress made include:
- Rob Olson conducted focus groups with congregation members to gather input for the design of the Hastings Room, kitchen, chapel and landscaping.
- Our Building Design Team has begun meeting and will oversee our design and construction phases.
- The Finance Team has begun discussions on financing options, looking forward to presenting a recommendation to the congregation later this fall.
- Consultants have surveyed the exterior of our building to begin developing a plan for our exterior renovations, for our near future and beyond.
- Our Lead Gifts team continues to brainstorm about how to further close the gap between what we have raised and what we expect to spend.
- Rob Olson has come up with a new design idea that would allow us to create access via a ramp to our current nursery, a meeting room that could accommodate the choir and many of the meetings we and our renters currently hold in Hastings.
- And, maybe the most exciting news… we have all made good on $550,000 of our pledges, that's 34% of our pledged income collected in the first 6 months of a 3 year campaign. Woo hoo!
Thanks to all for your hard work and commitment to making our House better reflect our Spirit!
Upcoming Key Dates
- Capital Campaign Finance Info Session - Sunday, September 18, 12:30 p.m.
- Capital Campaign Lunch and Q and A with Architect Rob Olson - Sunday, September 25, 12:30 p.m.
- Prep sessions for Congregational Meeting - Sunday, October 30, 10:00 a.m., and Sunday, November 6, 12:30 p.m.
- FALL CONGREGATIONAL MEETING, Sunday, November 20, 12:30 p.m.
A storyboard timelining the process and progress of the Capital Campaign is available here. A congregational letter and new FAQ written in response to the May 1st meeting about the Capital Campaign can be found here and here. Our Campaign Brochure and a PDF of the schematic designs presented by Rob Olson on September 25 can be found below.