Join the First Church Cambridge Team of Walkers at the Mother's Day Walk for Peace, Sunday May 10 at 8:00 AM,
Town Field Park, Fields Corner, 1520 Dorchester Avenue, Dorchester (Fields Corner Station on the Red Line.)
Every Sunday11 a.m. from September to June
10 a.m. in July and August
The morning service follows a warm, welcoming, and thoughtful “traditional” order of worship. It normally includes:
- great choral and organ music (listen here);
- congregational singing of hymns, old and new (listen here);
- assurance of healing and pardon;
- a time to greet each other and share Christ’s peace;
- Bible readings that ground us in the story of God’s love;
- a sermon that connects the readings to our lives;
- prayers for the world, the church and ourselves;
- an invitation to give of ourselves and our resources
- a closing blessing
- holy communion on the first Sunday of each month, and on other special Sundays during the year.
Occasionally the morning service includes other practices and rituals—for example, reception of new members, healing prayers, baptisms and blessings for people leaving the community. After worship, there's almost always an informal gathering in our Margaret Jewett Hall, a time to meet, chat and share refreshments. Childcare is provided. In addition, after-church is a time for newcomer's lunches, social justice forums, lectures and small group meetings.
Learn more here about how families and children are invited to participate in our Sunday morning worship life.
Our Sanctuary and Lindsay Chapel are wheelchair accessible. On Sunday mornings, large print service bulletins and assistive listening devices are always available. For more about accessibility concerns, please click here.